Website O'Fallon Township High School District 203
To apply for this position, please go to: https://www.applitrack.com/oths/onlineapp/default.aspx
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE: The job of the Nurse Sub is to (a) perform duties in accordance with standards of professional school nurse practice (b) provide nursing services to students and staff (c) ensure the safety and health of students and staff
TRAINING, EDUCATION, & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registered Nurse Licensure, Illinois
- Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation program completion
- Prior professional nursing experience, preferably pediatric, adolescent, community or mental health nursing, and health program management
- Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology
- Maintains school health records in accordance with Illinois School Student Records Act, providing efficient retrieval of information and other related archival responsibilities.
- Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff including nursing assessment, identifying health problems, making referrals for diagnosis and treatment, providing follow-up and evaluation, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Provides health information and counseling for students, parents, and staff.
- Maintains medication protocol to safely store, administer, document, and monitor the effectiveness of medication given at school.
- Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions.
- Participates as crisis team member and provides crisis intervention for students and staff in the advent of sudden illness or injury.
- Makes appropriate assessments and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Maintains communication with head nurse, administrators, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
- Assistant Superintendent and Principal
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital, veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition, or disability. In compliance with the immigration reform and control act of 1986, District 203 intends to hire only individuals authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com