Job Title: Athletic/Financial Secretary
Job ID 1004 – Apply through Applitrack link found on MCUSD19 Vacancies Page
Reports To: Building Principal and Athletic Director
FLSA Status: Hourly
Work Days: 200 days (Anticipated Hours are 8:00am-4:00pm with some evening and weekend expectations as needed)
Rate of Pay Range: $16.25-$21.75/hour plus Board paid IMRF. Tobe be determined based on experience.
The High School Secretary (Athletics and Finance) plays a crucial role in ensuring the efficient operation of the school’s financial activities and providing administrative support to the Athletic Director. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions related to student activity and athletic accounts.
- Process and track deposits, withdrawals, and expenditures for various student organizations and clubs.
- Generate monthly financial reports and statements for review by school administration.
- Coordinate and oversee financial aspects of school fundraisers, ensuring compliance with financial policies and regulations.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of budgets for student activities, ensuring adherence to allocated funds.
- Maintain comprehensive budgets for various events and activities.
- Provide administrative support to the Athletic Director, managing schedules, arranging appointments, facility arrangements, and communication with relevant stakeholders and handling correspondence.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of athletic department communications and documentation.
- Collaborate with coaches, staff, and external organizations to ensure smooth execution of athletic programs.
- Maintain accurate and organized records for student-athletes, including eligibility documentation and medical records.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and summaries related to athletic department activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certification in office administration, finance, or a related field is a plus.
- Proven experience in financial management and administrative support roles.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and budgeting processes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in using office software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and accounting software.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Previous experience in a school setting or similar educational institution is preferred.
- Familiarity with athletic programs and events is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to describe problems and work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, the Internet, Outlook, electronic mail).
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to be organized, maintain accurate records and process time management skills.
- Ability to work well with teachers and parents.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the physical demands of working in a standard office and school building environment. Generally the job requires reasonable duration of sitting, walking, and standing. The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.