Job Title: Building Secretary – Finance
(Position available for the 2024-2025 school year)
Job ID 1009 – Apply through Applitrack link found on MCUSD19 Vacancies Page
Reports To: Building Principal
FLSA Status: Hourly
Work Days: 220 (7.5 hour days with anticipated hours from 8:00am-4:00pm. Some evening and weekend expectations as needed.)
Rate of Pay Range: $16.50-$21.80/hour plus Board paid IMRF. To be determined based on experience.
To provide clerical and secretarial assistance to building administrators; conveying information regarding school functions and procedures; and supporting the broad array of services provided to students, parents, instructional and support employees; and to coordinate work of other school clerical employees. Position will specifically work with financial programs, ordering and substitutes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare purchase orders for the purpose of submitting to the school district’s accounting/finance office.
- Prepares accounts payable transactions and reports.
- Work with Skyward financial programs for purchases and expenditure reporting for the building.
- Maintain staff attendance through Attendance Management system and substitute accounts.
- Prepares, copies and distributes notices, memoranda or other correspondence for the purpose of informing school employees regarding activities, events or other work-related matters.
- Assists in planning and scheduling school events and activities, and maintaining calendar of school and students events for the purpose of coordinating and scheduling events such as orientation, open house, field trips, sporting events, assemblies, conferences, etc.
- Assists in maintaining documents, files and records for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Assists in maintaining inventories of supplies and materials for the purpose of ensuring items’ availability.
- Assist visitors to the office, including students, parents, substitute teachers, and others.
- Answers telephone calls, and provide information and assistance to callers.
- Distribute incoming mail appropriately; sends outgoing mail.
- Evaluates situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Registering new students, making sure forms are completed, obtaining transcripts and other documentation as needed, and entering data into computer system regarding enrollment and student records (e.g., transportation, free and reduced lunch program, attendance, withdrawals).
- Responds to inquiries from students, parents and employees, providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance
- Experience in financial management and administrative support roles (preferred)
- Effective communication skills (written & oral)
- Graduation from high school
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to describe problems and work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, the Internet, Outlook, electronic mail).
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to process paperwork accurately according to standardized procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to be organized, maintain accurate records and process time management skills.
- Ability to work well with teachers and parents.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the physical demands of working in a standard office and school building environment. Generally the job requires reasonable duration of sitting, walking, and standing. The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org