Job Title: Speech Language Pathologist
Reports To: Building Principal/Director of Special Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Days: 183 Days / Prorated for the 2023-24 SY based on start date
Maximize the learning experience of students, in academics, interpersonal skills and activities of daily living by addressing students’ specific speech and language needs, documenting therapy and student progress/activities, outcomes; providing a safe and optimal learning environment. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Special Services/School Principal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and adheres to the therapy plans and procedures designed to address student articulation, voice, fluency, language, and needs.
- Collaborates with general education staff for communicating accommodations and needed services.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, modifying instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs.
- Conducts assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying speech and language development and skills, and recommending courses of
- action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning.
- Participates in problem solving, evaluation, and IEP conferences concerning the needs of students.
- Complete paperwork consistent with expectations and regulations associated with IDEA.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students’ IEP’s
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research, and by maintaining professional relationships with members of institutions of higher learning and the business community.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping and providing student information to prospective colleges and employers, as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Promotes a therapeutic environment that is safe and conducive to student learning.
- Reports to administrators issues affecting student performance.
- Complies with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Hold an Illinois Speech-Language Pathologist Non-Teaching Endorsement
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Works well with others and in a team environment with peers and administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use Google applications and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to supervise students in the classroom and throughout school campus.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with students and staff.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Knowledge of student behavior management techniques preferred.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires reasonable duration of sitting, walking, and standing. The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com