Website Harmony Emge #175
Purpose: The Parent Educator will work collaboratively with families, education staff and community partners to
ensure that the program meets the needs of the whole child and supports parents/guardians in addressing family
needs and setting and achieving ambitious family goals.
Eligibility and Recruitment
• Support program efforts and outreach to identify and recruit the most at-risk children in the community.
• Educate families about the importance of early learning programs and support families in completing the
• Educate families about benefits and importance of regular attendance and connect families to resources as
• Identify and develop potential partnerships with community entities with access to priority populations.
• Assess family needs and identify parent/guardian goals for family. Refer families to community resources to
support comprehensive needs.
• Maintain clear, written case notes that document family needs and goals, resources provided to address those
needs/goals and family progress.
• Coordinate family meetings and workshops to educate families in the areas of child health, mental health and
• Assist families in establishing a medical and dental home for their children to ensure access to consistent health
care; support referrals to mental health resources as appropriate.
• Coordinate and conduct home visits as needed to support home-school connection, address attendance concerns
and provide family supports.
• Support program in seeking out and enrolling children with special needs, including empowering families as
advocates for their children.
Parent Engagement and Education
• Collaborate with teachers and instructional leaders to engage families in the classroom and school/site, including
meaningful volunteer opportunities. Ensure that the program maintains a welcoming environment for parents.
• Engage families in a Parent Advisory Council inclusive of a diverse range of family perspectives and other
• Lead development and implementation of family education opportunities including connecting to local
collaborations and community partners. Solicit family input on education offerings.
• Support communication with families in their home language, when possible, or facilitate translation so PE/FSS
can communicate with all families.
• Support kindergarten transition activities for families.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com