Job Title: Elementary Technology Teacher
Reports To: Building Principal
Work Days: 183 Days
This position is responsible for enhancing student learning and engagement through the use of technology. As part of the Specials rotation, this position serves K-5 students on a rotational basis, seeing each class every third day on a semester basis. The teacher should be skilled in instructional design, online education, project management, STEM education, and a variety of educational technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and implement online & in-person content across multiple grade levels and varied ability levels.
- Integrate technology into classroom instruction to enhance student learning.
- Be proficient in using learning management systems and other educational technology such as Google Classroom.
- Collaborate with grade level teachers, staff, and other stakeholders to develop and implement effective technology lessons.
- Provide support to staff using chromebooks and Google Suits for education.
- Manage digital learning environments.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Related duties may be delegated to others in accordance with the responsibilities listed in their job descriptions; however responsibility for the duties rests with the Director of Technology.
- Illinois Professional Educators License with Elementary endorsement
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specialized knowledge and experience of computers, classroom peripherals, and proficiency with Google Suite for Education.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to professionally communicate and exercise good judgment in a work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of educational staff members.
- Ability to use data to assess student use of applications and safety.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of the building team, with a focus on teamwork.
- Ability to manage conflict through quality decision-making and effective problem-solving.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.