Website District 90
1. Paraprofessional License.
2. Pleasant personality and neat appearance.
3. Able to work with and around children.
4. Ability to operate audio-visual equipment.
5. Keyboarding and Data entry skills.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
7. Emotionally and physically able to perform duties required of position.
8. Have a good command of the English language.
9. Basic knowledge of first aid and health room procedures.
10. Possess general knowledge of office equipment.
Supervisor: Classroom Teacher and/or Building Principal
Responsibilities: Works closely with one or a few students on a regular basis in an effort to provide instructional support.
1. Supervision of students being instructed.
2. Extends instruction to students after initial teacher presentation.
3. Works with small groups of students to reinforce instructional material initially introduced by teacher.
4. Listens to students in recitation, reading, and other curriculum tasks by guiding and helping them.
5. Accompanies students to whom assigned when trips to the office or to the school nurse are necessary.
6. Establishes as fully as possible a supportive and sympathetic relationship with the students without fostering or encouraging intense emotional involvement.
7. Checks students’ work as directed.
8. Administers tests and individualized assessments.
9. Assists with pupil records.
10. Makes and files copies.
11. Use and care of equipment and facilities.
12. Maintains positive public relations.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment when school is in session – 6 hours per day.
To apply for this job please visit www.ofallon90.net.