Website Cahokia Unit School District #187
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher
Wirth Middle School
Cahokia Unit School District #187
Cahokia Heights, IL
The Wirth Middle School CTE Dept. is seeking CTE instructors to develop and instruct engaging, and hands-on exploratory courses that expose 6th-8th grade students to various career, education, and training options in any of the following areas: all 16 nationally recognized career clusters; Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources; Architecture and Construction; Arts, Audio/Video and Communications; Financial and Business Services; Health Sciences and Technology; Culinary Arts; Fashion//Apparel and Textiles; Web Page and Multimedia Design; Computer Programming; Barbering; Industrial/ Manufacturing Trades; Automotive Maintenance and Repair; and Aviation/Aircraft.
All courses will be aligned to the ISBE CTE Matrices Group 1 Orientation Level courses.
Option 1: Industry Experience
We are looking for candidates with industry experience in the areas of: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources; Architecture and Construction; Arts, Audio/Video and Communications; Financial and Business Services; Health Sciences and Technology; Culinary Arts; Fashion//Apparel and Textiles; Web Page and Multimedia Design; Computer Programming; Barbering; Industrial/ Manufacturing Trades; Automotive Maintenance and Repair; and Aviation/Aircraft.
- Preferred-Bachelor’s degree in the CTE educational program being taught
- Two to four years of documented work experience directly related to the ISBE CTE endorsement area and CTE educational program being taught, including ISBE CTE Matrices Groups 3 Courses
- Educator License with Stipulations (ELS) endorsed in a CTE area or is willing to get the ELS endorsed in a CTE area by the hiring date
Option 2: ISBE PEL with Demonstrated Competency in CTE Area (Education)
- Preferred-PEL with two years of full-time teaching experience (teacher is qualified for CTE Education program)
- Professional Educator License (PEL) in grades 5-8
- Endorsement in a CTE area (by passing the content exam and completing 18 semester hours of coursework in the content area)
- Has ISBE CTE License Endorsement or will be able to get the ISBE CTE License Endorsement by the hiring date
Essential CTE Teacher duties:
- Assists in planning and developing course and program curriculum that meets the program scope and quality guidelines outlined in the Illinois State Plan for Perkins V
- Teaches a combination of academic skills, employability skills, college and career readiness skills
- Utilizes Xello College and Career Readiness software and curriculum, and supplemental curriculum to help students identify and evaluate personal goals, priorities, aptitudes, and interests with the goal of helping them make informed decisions about their careers and post secondary education and or training.
- Teaches students how to develop a CTE action plan that lists their career interests and identifies high school CTE, academic and elective courses that will help them meet their college, training and career goals.
- Teaches academic success strategies and employability skills, preparation for the transition to high school, financial literacy, and technical school and college awareness.
- Plans and delivers classroom lessons, hands-on projects, and engaging activities that expose students to different career fields
- Develops and adapts instructional materials and experiences to meet individual student needs, aptitudes, and interests
- Plans and conducts appropriate educational field experiences including but not limited to, student participation in career and technical student organizations, team-based challenges, field trips, guest speakers, and hands-on learning experiences
- Attends and participates in CTE meetings and professional development activities
- Evaluates CTE course/program and maintains a course/program improvement plan
- Stays informed of current educational and industry standards and practices
- Teaches and enforces safety policies and practices that are in compliance with federal and state laws and the school district
- Assists in the development and implementation of a budget for CTE courses and programs
- Assists with keeping an inventory of all non-consumable supplies, equipment and furniture
- Performs all other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com